Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
8757 Georgia Avenue, 12th Floor
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Social & Scientific Systems will exercise reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of information you provide as you access this website. When you submit personal information to us via this website for a specific purpose, Social & Scientific Systems uses that information only for the specific purpose for which it is submitted. For example, if you apply for employment, the information collected is used for employment consideration only and is maintained in our databases for a short period of time for future consideration.
Social & Scientific Systems will not sell, rent, or trade personal information about you to any third party. The only time that Social & Scientific Systems can foresee that it may disclose personal information is in special instances such as the following:
- When we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Social & Scientific Systems’ rights, obligations, or property
- When, after good faith research, we believe that applicable law requires disclosure or it is necessary to protect the property or safety of Social & Scientific Systems, its employees, or others
- To Social & Scientific Systems’ business associates, as necessary, to provide the service or information to you that you have requested
When you browse any website, certain personal information about you can be collected. We will collect and temporarily store information about your visit such as:
- The name of the domain and of the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to access the Internet (for example, gmail.com, if you are using a Google account, or stanford.edu, if you are connecting from the Stanford University domain)
- The date and time of your visit
- The page(s) you visited
- The address of the website you come from when you visit this site
Social & Scientific Systems collects and uses this information for statistical purposes and to help make our site more useful to visitors. We also may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server. Note that this information is not personally identifiable.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Social & Scientific Systems employs software programs to monitor access to the site and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to gain unauthorized access, or otherwise to cause damage. Information from these sources may be presented to law enforcement or legal personnel in connection with an investigation or pursuant to any required legal process in order to help identify a wrongdoer.
Links to Other Websites